Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] fiber switch needed / planning the network

hi,

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:09:47PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Freitag, 11. Mai 2012, Csillag Tamas wrote:
> > The picture shown earlier:
> > http://layer-acht.org/fotos/660_Nicaragua_2012/20120424_014_Sm.jpg.12.html
> > is a cable which you cannot plug to an sfp.
> > (AFAIK this cable type is native to huawei)
>
> that end doesnt need to be put into our main switch (but the rj45 cable coming
> from to it into other switches we still need to get) - the ends for the main
> switch are visible in
> http://layer-acht.org/fotos/660_Nicaragua_2012/20120504_009_Lg.jpg.212.html at
> the bottom.

Okay you are right. (I originally skipped the details as the image is
blurred, but now double checked it.)

> > If you can use that media converter that is another story...
>
> yes we can :-) but in the aulas / hacklabs.

:)

OTOH: WS-2960G-24TC-L has 4 dual purpose uplinks.

Regards,
  cstamas
--
CSILLAG Tamas (cstamas) - http://digitus.itk.ppke.hu/~cstamas