Re: [Debconf-team] Kindergarden / alternative youth program for DC13?

Hi,

On Thu Apr 26, 2012 at 23:10:36 +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Hi
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:03:19 +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i know of several DDs that will probably be accompanied by their kids
> > (or the other way round) to DC13.
> >
> > Therefor i wonder if it would make sense to organise some sort of
> > alternative youth program or some sort of kindergarden. Is that
> > something we should consider? If yes, i would like to welcome ideas an
> > what to do. Maybe this will include an alternative program for spouse as
> > well.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> I like the idea and I think that the DC13 venue is very well suited for
> this. IMO this sould primarily be organized by those actually bringing
> their kids (and spouses) to the conference. We can provide a room and
> other infrastructure if necessary. I think that this can be organized
> mostly on an ad-hoc basis right before or during the conference. Or do
> (potential) parents think that this needs to be more formal?

I agree with you, though the conference maybe will attract more parent
DDs if they know beforehand that this will be organized. And yes, this
should primarily be organized by those actually bring their kids.

The alternative program for spouse might need a bit of organizing
beforehand, maybe some local members have some ideas what to visit/to
do. But still, this is still over one year to go, so we have a bit of
time for that.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster