[Debconf-team] Debian enterprise/infrastructure track

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 04:52:51PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> This year, we will continue to organize some talks into thematic
> tracks. If you have a proposal for a DebConf track, please contact
> debconf-team@lists.debconf.org.  Previous examples included "Debian
> Science", "Debian Infrastructure", and "Community Outreach" tracks.
> If you would like to be a track coordinator, please volunteer on that
> list.

As discussed on IRC, I'd be happy to be a track coordinator for an
infrastructure/enterprise track, similar to the one we had back in New
York.

I generally prefer the term "infrastructure" rather than "enterprise",
although I see the point that a "Debian Infrastructure" title might be
mislead to mean "Debian*'s* infrastructure", especially due to my
position in the project. "Debian large-scale deployments" would also be
a nice, more lengthy title. I think I'll let the team have the final
word :-)

Daniel explained that part of the job is inviting people to give a
relevant talk. I can't think of many people I could poke, so if anyone
on the list has ideas, I'll be happy to hear them and follow them up.

Oh, and for full disclosure: I was intending, and still am, to ask for
partial sponsorship for my (quite expensive) trip; this has nothing to
do with that and the two are not dependant on each other.

Regards,
Faidon