Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf12: Final venue decision

On 03/25/2012 01:13 AM, Victor Martinez wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Felix Delattre <linux@delattre.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> * I just made a simple map (image) so you can get some ideas about
>> distance and mobility: http://i.imgur.com/qQ9qJ.png (taken from
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=12.133&lon=-86.27313&zoom=15&layers=M )
>> * We are still working on the arguments in favor and against both
> Two questions, on the map, the "no walking area" refers to? there are
> no walkways for pedestrians? and on the VenueMatrix, why no smoking is
> a con?

1. No walking area: We could not guarantee complete safety in these
parts of the town - from a "walking through with laptops every day and
night" point of view rather than a more immediate one.

2. No smoking on the whole campus (even outside of the buildings) is a
con, because for sure some smokers can feel uncomfortable to leave the
venue (100mts) every time they want to smoke a cigaret.