[Debconf-team] DebConf12: Final venue decision

Hi,

at next global team meeting (on Wednesday 18 UTC) we (the local team)
really would like to get to a final decision about the venue! It is too
time consuming for us to keep evaluating two options. We need to
concentrate our work starting getting things done and not hanging around
on a hypothetical level.

We have had meetings these days with both venue options (Universidad
Centroamericana and Crowne Plaza) and negotiated with them. We got a big
discounts by them (UCA: over 70%; Crowne Plaza: 20%). We had to offer
that the discounts would be considered as sponsorship. This would make
Crowne Plaza a Gold Sponsor or the UCA a Platinum Sponsor.

* The budget estimation is getting way more realistic now (check
budget-estimate.ods on the debconf-data repo). We will keep working on
it till Wednesday.
* I just made a simple map (image) so you can get some ideas about
distance and mobility: http://i.imgur.com/qQ9qJ.png (taken from
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=12.133&lon=-86.27313&zoom=15&layers=M )
* We are still working on the arguments in favor and against both

Hopefully all this together will help us to take the best decision for
the DebConf12 venue next Wednesday.

Cheers,
Felix