Re: [Debconf-team] Dates for (sponsored) registration and cfp

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Felix Delattre <linux@delattre.de> wrote:
> [2] Comparison of dates, all times are calculated to the first day of
> DebCamp (which would be in our case 1. of July):
>
> * DebConf11
> Registration open:  3 months and 9 days
> Paper submission deadline: 2 months and 28 days
> Sponsorship deadline:  2 months and 9 days
>
> * DebConf10
> Registration open:  3 months and 10 days
> Paper submission deadline: 2 months and 2 weeks
> Sponsorship deadline:  1 month and 5 days

I thought I'd take this list back a bit further to remind us that we
used to think we needed the sponsorship deadline rather earlier:

DebConf9 sponsorship deadline: 3 months and 8 days (15 April vs. 23 July)

DebConf8 sponsorship deadline: 4 months and 10 days (31 March vs. August 10)

DebConf7 sponsorship deadline: 4 months and 17 days (31 January vs. 17 June)

DebConf6 sponsorship deadline: 3 months and 29 days (15 January vs. 14 May)

If hotels can cope with it, it's obviously better for attendees to
allow later sponsorship requests.  But the last couple of years were
not really typical here -- last year I think the government
involvement helped (but we still ended up the hotels complaining), and
the year before the university system was usefully flexible.  Often
hotels want firm numbers quite early.

--
Moray