Re: [Debconf-team] Fundraising announcement DebConf12: first draft

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 07:53:31PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
>> | You can contribute money by either becoming a sponsor (if you are a
>> | company) or donating money as an individual.
>>
>> This somehow does not cover any not-for-profit organizations like most
>> NGOs, clubs, societies, etc. Is this on purpose? Can not-for-profit
>> organizations become sponsors, too?
>
> @DebConf-team: what do you think about? Any proposals for improve wording
> (if a change is needed)?

Companies can be not-for-profit, but yes, saying companies does rule
out some other categories of organisation that could become sponsors
in principle.

I think "Companies or organizations" further down is odd, it needs at
least "other", as companies are organisations.

Perhaps restructure this part to something like:

possible, including those who could not afford to attend from their
own resources.  You can help make DebConf12 a success by your
organisation becoming a sponsor, or by donating money as an
individual.</p>

donations</a> can be made online in either US dollars or euros.</p>

information about DebConf12 <a
href="http://debconf12.debconf.org/become-sponsor.xhtml";>sponsor
page</a> or directly contact &lt;<a
href="mailto:sponsors@debconf.org";>sponsors@debconf.org</a>&gt;.</p>

the form of in-kind donations, or by lending equipment for the
conference period.</p>

I'm now wondering if the volunteering part really belongs in the same
announcement (and if it does, whether it should be moved later in it),
as we mostly want volunteers out of people who are already going to
DebConf, while the donations/sponsorship are the main point that we're
trying to give a wider circulation here.

--
Moray