Re: [Debconf-team] Fundraising announcement DebConf12: first draft

Hi Axel!

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 07:53:31PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> > Before sending the call for reviews and translations, I'd like to receive
> > comments/ack/nack/$wathever from debconf people. :)
> >
> > The draft is available on the publicity SVN repo even via HTTP at:
> >
> > http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/announcements/en/2012/2012-03-02-debconf-needs-money.wml?revision=3238&view=markup
>
> Actually everyone looking at it should remove "revision=3238&" from
> the URL, otherwise an older version would show up.

Woops, sorry for the wrong link: I always mess up these links :)

> Found one typo in line 36:
>
> | [...] <a href="mailto:sponsors@sdebconf.org";>sponsors@debconf.org</a>
>                            ^

Cedric Boutillier has fixed it. Btw, in case of typos or minor changes,
feel free to directly fix on the repo (all DDs have rw access).

> And I have a question about this sentence around lines 31f.:
>
> | You can contribute money by either becoming a sponsor (if you are a
> | company) or donating money as an individual.
>
> This somehow does not cover any not-for-profit organizations like most
> NGOs, clubs, societies, etc. Is this on purpose? Can not-for-profit
> organizations become sponsors, too?

@DebConf-team: what do you think about? Any proposals for improve wording
(if a change is needed)?

Cheers,