Re: [Debconf-team] Fundraising announcement DebConf12: first draft

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> I've just changed s#DebConf is the Debian Project's developers
> conference#DebConf is the Debian Project's conference#g and btw, I like this
> feature (that all DDs have rw access) very much!

While we don't need to mention it every time DebConf is mentioned in
the document, we *should* make it clear, at the start of any document
as well as in the descriptions at the end, that DebConf is targetted
at contributors/developers/people-who-want-to-be, rather than at
people who only want to be ordinary users.

Currently we have Debian Day for that group alongside DebConf itself;
perhaps Debian should have a bigger user conference, or several each
year, but we should also be careful to preserve the participatory
nature of DebConf and not lose it as a productive working time/space.

--
Moray