[Debconf-team] Notes from DebConf-in-Debian BoF

Here are the notes written on gobby during the DebConf-in-Debian BoF
this afternoon:

DebConf primary and secondary purposes

DebConf chairs delegated: gwolf, moray, h01ger

Slides:
https://gitorious.org/zacchiro/talks/trees/master/2011/201107-dc11-debconf

DebConf/Debian finances
  Forked at first expense
  Merged back as soon as possible after DC finishes
  Attempt to have DC balanced in zeros

Infrastructure overlap
  wiki, lists, websites, ud-ldap, hardware administration, debconf.org domain
  and other details are still not merged with Debian
  => Some fixes must be made, as the halves use different programs/formats
  karora: The content of the Debian Wiki is quite different from the content of
          the DebConf one
       => h01ger: Same syntax would be better
       => moray, zack: Maintenance burden
       => via dkg: pabs volunteered for translating the Wiki

pentabarf maintenance -- we have our own fork, this needs maintained
(or replaced, but that's easier to say than do successfully)
To discuss/decide: If we are to properly fork Penta and become upstreams, become
_real_ upstreams - Publish our changes, make it installable, etc. That would
enable us not only to tweak, but also to simplify. (FWIW, the CCC is also
looking for a Penta maintainer)

Faidon: Try to welcome people involved in DebConf into Debian
(everybody else: But we do!)

igustin: OK, I want to help in some way in future DebConfs (have
experience in organizing Linux conferences in Croatia for years)