Re: [Debconf-team] Pentabarf bug: events not visible to non-editor

Ben Hutchings dijo [Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 07:17:59PM +0200]:
> The format_event() function, which is used in some of the video views,
> generates a link to a URL of the form:
>
> https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/$id
>
> It appears that for users that can't edit the event this ends up being
> redirected to the submission page.  (But I'm not sure - I added logging
> to several places where I thought the redirection might be done, and I
> was wrong.)
>
> Should this work for all logged-in users?
>
> Or should those views be changed to link to the public event pages?

I have changed format_event to give a link to the public event page if
the currently logged in user does not have pentabarf_login permission
(this is, accessing the "pentabarf" controller). That should be
enough. Testing encouraged ;-)