Re: [Debconf-team] Special sponsorship

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl
<tolimar@debian.org> wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge all participants (not only those who
> requested sponsorship) where told via e-mail to update (and complete)
> their data.  Not completely sure, but I think these reminders included a
> dump of the data they entered.

I'm pretty sure that people weren't sent reminders to fill in travel
sponsorship data before the committee looked at it this year, even if
they'd just left the numbers completely blank.

And speaking about the general case rather than Clint: while I
personally know by now that our system is that people should make up a
number in advance so that a decision can be made, without clear
instructions and reminders, this will not be obvious to everyone.  The
field labels in penta have also been shown to confuse a large
percentage of people over the years.

--
Moray