Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-video] change of video licence

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 01:08:01AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Sonntag, 17. Juli 2011, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Might be a good idea. However, I feel I need to ask: Why not simply move
> > to cc-by-sa and 'forget' about the debconf-video license? Or are the two
> > incompatible?
>
> good point. I dont think they are, the old licence is basically the 2clause
> bsd licence reworded for video...

In that case, the question is whether we want copyleft or not. If we don't, we
could consider using CC-BY-3.0 (without -SA) or keep it as a dual-license. If
people don't prefer the 2-clause BSD to the CC-BY-3.0 license for these video's
I'd suggest just using CC-BY-3.0 by itself. It is explicitly usable in
CC-BY-SA-3.0 works.

If we do want to insist on copyleft, we really ought to switch to CC-BY-SA-3.0
alone since the debconf video license isn't.

My suggestion is just CC-BY-3.0 (no -SA) by itself.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org