[Debconf-team] Food logistics (was Re: Things to look at in BL [pre-debcamp todo list])

Good detective work, Velimir.  Here are my comments, others can
elaborate more:

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 05:15:13PM +0200, Velimir Iveljic wrote:

> > * Food
> > ** Current contact: Velimir(aroundthfur).
> > ** Global contact: moray/darst/fil (?)
> > ** Is cafeteria expecting our numbers (50-90 for debcamp, ~250-300 for
> >   debconf?)
>
> The hotel is expecting precise numbers for each day in advance.
> Before we go any further with planing this, the hotel said that all
> the meals for the people in Bosna will have to be payed since they are
> included in the reduced price of the room.
> We can still save some money by making sure we know exactly how many
> people from other hotels will eat each day.

Only one day in advance is not too bad.  It's good, though, that we
don't have to pay for meals at everyone at Hotel Bosna - that would
have been another major expense, and we'd have to check the budget,
again!

Can we tell them numbers for lunch and dinner separately?  That would
save us some money.

What time the day before do they need the official count?

Regardless, you'll need a way to handle DebCamp numbers for the first
few days, before people arrive.  I'll leave that to other people who
are there to work out...

I can provide estimated numbers based on different criteria, but by
now you know the limitations on Pentabarf data (people not coming to
meals, people arriving late, ...).

> > ** Is the cafeteria set up for taking varying numbers of people per
> >   day, with people paying at the door?
>
> For the ones who are not staying in hotels at all (not sponsored)
> applies the same thing as for the ones that are not staying in hotel
> Bosna.

Will we have to collect money from the people who pay for themselves
and give it to Bosna, or can Bosna accept cash or credit cards as
other people walk in?

> > ** Can we manage to pay for only those who eat each day, and with how
> >   much advance notice about what percent might show up?
> > ** Vegetarian and vegan meals?
>
> We need to give them numbers, how many people eat what and they will
> prepare food for everyone.

They want to know exactly how many vegetarians and vegans are coming
each day ?

Thanks for your investigation here,

- richard