Re: [Debconf-team] Team members arriving early

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 10:14:52 -0400, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Phil just pointed out to me that some global team members are arriving
> early.  I heard of fil/karora/holger.

I'm landing in BNX at 16:15 on the 13th.

I think karora is liable to be in the area several days before debcamp,
but is taking in the sights, so I'm not sure when exactly he was
planning on turning up.  Not sure about holger, but had got the
impression he was going to be around early too.

> Would you all like to stay in the DebConf hotel if you can, in return
> for helping with DebConf prep?  If so, can you send me dates?

Adnan assured me that that would be fine before I booked the flights.

> The next question is if we can or should accommodate a few people
> early in the DebConf hotels.  Thoughts?  Adnan, since you are the only
> one who knows about hotels?

FYI The impression I got was that there was no issue whatsoever with
doing this.  IIRC that discussion was all done via IRC (probably
#debconf-bosnia).  I'm not expecting there to be a problem, but when I
saw the list showing zeros for the first day, it occurred to me that
someone might take that list as authoritative, and cancel any
reservation that's been made on my (and other's) behalf.

Cheers, Phil.