Re: [Debconf-team] Planning arrival/departure buses

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> Zagreb airport > Banja Luka

Right, concentrating on one airport sounds most sensible.  Presumably
it's also worth looking at the regular transport options people will
have, and trying to 'fill in the gaps' rather than just duplicate
existing services.

> I've been saying it this for 20x time now, we should have some kind of
> arrival/departure list (after the registrations) and in the peak time
> frame when everyone's coming have the most buses sent and that's kinda
> it.

We will get that information, but as you say, only very late.  And I
think some people would like to choose their arrival/departure time to
fit with what we provide, if we are running extra buses.  It makes
sense to decide exact times later, but it would be sensible to be more
specific already now, and announce what we plan.  I think some
attendees who heard about the buses are currently expecting a kind of
bus taxi waiting for them whenever they might arrive on any day, which
is unrealistic! :)

The numbers from previous years can be used to see how people are
*typically* spread out, i.e. very, over many days and arriving at all
times of day and night.  What kind of service are you proposing -- a
fixed time each day, a bus each hour, buses scheduled after popular
flights?  Are you proposing that 'everyone' who arrives at Zagreb on
the appropriate days should get a space in our buses, or just less
people who are less confident about using regular transport?

>> And roughly how much will it cost?
>
> We can't have this number now as we don't know how many people/buses
> we're talking about.

You can get (you may have already):

- the price for one bus trip Zagreb to Banja Luka -- they may well
want to charge for the trip in the opposite direction too, even if the
bus is empty, so check about that;

- the price for a bus + driver for a day, with the increment according
to distance travelled.

Thanks,

--
Moray