Re: [Debconf-team] Cooperation between the DC and the publicity teams (was: DebConf11 call for contributions)

Hi Alexander,

On Saturday 09 April 2011, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> thanks for your work to organise a nice conference year after year, you
> are doing a splendig job!

Thanks!

> But may take the opportunity to introduce you
> to Debians Publicity Team?

Awesome.

One of the biggest challanges with organizing DebConf each year is that the
organzing team each year changes *a lot*, so usually each year we make some
mistakes we should not make, as we have already done some them some time
before. (We also do face some new challanges each year and we also strive to
make genuine new mistakes too ;)

And surely, we're doing our best to improve, to learn and to document things,
but obviously sometimes this isn't good enough.

And, frankly + IMO, "public relations" (or press) isn't our biggest problem at
the moment. So while I acknowledge that sending out the news wasn't done in
the best possible way, I'm happy that the CfP is out and I sadly wouldn't be
surprised if we fuck this up again. We'll try not to though :)

Sending a cc: to debian-publicity@l.d.o when we start to draft an announcement
should be enough to get you on the boat on time, or?

cheers,
	Holger