Re: [Debconf-team] Reserving hotels

Global team needs to make up their mind on what is wanted, and please
do take this as positive criticism.

>> I remember today being a deadline for reserving hotels.  Are there any
>> local updates on this?

Yes, update is that I sent DIVA to Banja Luka to make reservations,
besides that we're way past registrations deadlines.

>> Can we reserve Bosna now, and add others as we think we'll need them?
>> Any idea on their cancellation/change policies?  I could provide an
>> estimate for number of rooms to reserve to start, and then we can add
>> from there (though of course it is a bit late to be talking about
>> that).

I'll say no here, for a matter of principle if anything.

After I negotiated the prices with Bosna and food and when I said we
have enough to start with registration process and we can deal with
rest of the hotels on the run. This suggestion wasn't taken in and I
had to check out the rest of the hotels, now that we have everybody as
we want them, new things are coming up. That's why I said please make
up your mind.

Same goes with dorms and everything else, after I consult with you
(global team) and do as we agreed then its like "oh we didn't want
that, do this", and after I do "that" then it's something new and
keeps going like that. If anything, we seem ridiculous in the eyes of
the others with our/yours indecisions! Being  indecisive is equal to
being obstructive in this period. So let's please stop this.

That's why I'll start making some decisions on my own, otherwise if we
continue the way we're going we'll get stuck in rut. That's another
reason why I said and invited people from Global team to come here and
see how it's all planned and how it should look like, and that
everything is going just fine so far!

>> Can we reserve Bosna now, and add others as we think we'll need them?
>> Any idea on their cancellation/change policies?  I could provide an
>> estimate for number of rooms to reserve to start, and then we can add
>> from there (though of course it is a bit late to be talking about
>> that).

First of all, this the reason why I made that email with "GLOBAL team
and LOCAL team - Reports" because everybody's reporting to everybody
and yet no one knows what the other person is talking about.

Now, let me continue giving out answer to this question. We are
reserving the hotels, we are *not* giving out any money for it right
now! They haven't even mentioned deposit, we'll talk about this later
on. Why is this done the way it is?

Because, during this time period Banja Luka will be full of people
coming from all around to this Festival and other activities (Banja
Luka is swarmed with activities during this time) and we need to have
reservations ready! We checked out on dorms and then basically
cancelled them, and we most likely lost them, now if we do the same
thing with Hotels, we are going to lose hotels and we can't allow that
can we?

Or we can just have the conference for 100 people and all be at rest.

Adnan