Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf GLOBAL team - Report

Adnan Hodzic dijo [Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 04:21:27PM +0200]:
> # Report on what's happening with PentaBarf
>
> Besides report on what's happening with it. I was also thinking of
> addition of two new fields in PentaBarf for this years DebConf.
>
> - Parking
> If person that's coming needs a parking spot, because a lot of you
> will be coming here by car.

As far as I'm concerned, all changes (except for the ones mentioned
here) have been made... Not yet what you are mentioning in this
mail. I would advise, however, against adding 'parking' this
early. That should be done closer to the conference, when there is
more certainty on how people will travel, so we don't have to reserve
lots of empty spaces.

> - Sharing room with someone
> This years DebConf will all be about choice, people will be able to
> choose if they want to be in Single bedded room for couples, if they
> don't mind sharing that same bed with someone else, if they don't mind
> sharing the room with someone in separate beds and so on.
>
> I have a feeling, a lot of processes need to be written down, so those
> who are modifying Penta know what to do and how to do it, where could
> I explain certain processes? For example how professional attendee
> would register?

Huh!? Well, then we have to get this ready. Right now, I am adding (as
I was told ;-) ) just 'Regular room' and 'I will arrange my own
accomodation'. So, before pushing anything, does this mean we need to
add:

- Regular room (single bed, sharing room)
- Regular room (am willing to share a double bed with someone)
- Regular room (double bed, am going with my couple)
- I will arrange my own

Is that OK?

Would there be any differences for professional and $foo?

> Finishing Penta should be our number one priority.

It is basically done. The problem is... Understanding the many hidden
knobs in the beast :( The modifications are _really_ simple.