Re: [Debconf-team] Question for DebConf12 bids: Travel costs

--- Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> wrote:
> (...)
> It would be good if we could try to get some rough estimates of travel
> costs to the proposed venues.  (Ideally each team would check costs to
> their own city, and also check that they agree with the estimates for
> the other bid city!)
>
> We can't get correct travel costs for 2012 yet, so to avoid argument I
> suggest using instead this year's travel dates -- arrive on Sunday 24
> August, leave Sunday 31 August.
>
>(...)
>
> Anyone with time could help here by checking the prices for one or two
> combinations of cities and replying to the thread. Please give
> details of any changes required, and the overall length of the
> journey, as well as the price you found.

Hi people

here is Régis from Belo Horizonte BID. I'm sorry because I coudn't stay online during the first meeting.

I've checked prices for all the following cities and I'm sure that everyone will be convinced that Brazil is the best place to host DC12. Brazil and specially Belo Horizonte (or just BH) also have very nice landscapes and a lot of interesting places to visit. ;)

Well, let's check the informations about the flights that I've got.

Best regards

Régis Fernandes Gontijo

-----

**** North America ****
* from USA:
New York -> Belo Horizonte
New York - Sao Paulo - BH
estimated travel time: 16h
best price: US$ 1197 - TAM Linhas Aéreas

Los Angeles -> Belo Horizonte
Los Angeles - Panama - Sao Paulo - BH
estimated - travel time: 36h
best price: US$ 1502 - Copa Airlines

Washington -> Belo Horizonte
Washington - Orlando - Sao Paulo - BH
estimated travel time: 16h
best price: US$ 1710 - TAM Linhas Aéreas

* from Canada:
Toronto -> Belo Horizonte
Toronto - NY - Sao Paulo - BH:
estimated travel time: 17h
best price: US$ 1580 - American Airlines

**** South America ****

* From Argentina:
Buenos Aires -> Belo Horizonte
Buenos Aires - Montevideu - BH
estimated travel time: 17h
best price: US$ 464 - Pluna

**** Europe ****
* from France
Paris -> Belo Horizonte
Paris - Lisbon - BH
estimated travel time: 24h
best price: US$ 1641 - TAP Portugal

* from Germain
Frankfurt -> Belo Horizonte
Frankfurt - London - Sao Paulo - BH
estimated travel time: 20h
best price: US$ 1481 - TAM Linhas Aéreas

* from Italy
Rome -> Belo Horizonte
Rome - Lisbon - Rio - BH
estimated travel time: 31 h
best price: US$ 1481 - TAP Portugal

* from Spain
Madrid -> Belo Horizonte
Madrid - London - Sao Paulo - BH
estimated travel time: 24h
best price: US$ 1545 - Tap Portugal

* from United Kingdom
London -> Belo Horizonte
London - Sao Paulo - BH
cestimated travel time: 29h
best price: US$ 1558 - TAM Linhas Aéreas

**** Asia ****
* from India
Mumbai -> Belo Horizonte
Mumbai - Dubai - Sao Paulo - BH
estimated travel time: 40h
best price: US$ 2063 - Emirates / TAM

* from Japan
Tokyo -> Belo Horizonte
Tokyo - Paris - BH
estimated travel time: 37h
best price: US$ 3719 - Air France

**** Australia ****
* from Australia
Sydney -> Belo Horizonte
Sydney - Auckland - Santiago - Sao Paulo - BH
estimated travel time: 45h
best price: US$ 2802 - LAN Airlines