Re: [Debconf-team] Extra money we forgot we had

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 07:51, Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> Additionally, keeping the separation will further the feeling in the
>> community that DebConf and Debian are two separate entities, while they
> That's up to you.  You don't need to tell the community that you're
> tracking money separately.

I thought there used to be a separate earmark for DebConf in the SPI
accounts too; but there doesn't seem to be now. Having FFIS work the
same as SPI does from Debian's POV seems like a win.

(I just wrote an email about how having a separate account would make
sense because it'd be just like SPI, then deleted it when I found out
SPI doesn't seem to actually be like that. How is anyone currently
keeping track of how much DebConf is making/losing in the US, without
a specific earmark in the SPI accounts, btw? For comparison, for
linux.conf.au we just have financial statements for each conference,
which to date has always ended up as a net positive, so year-to-year
tradeoffs haven't mattered.)

Cheers,
aj

--