Re: [Debconf-team] Extra money we forgot we had

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 09:47:50PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> That would solve the problems outlined in this thread, but it would
> still be worse than the merge, for a very simple reason: either me or
> the auditors, to know the actual total amount of reserves would need to
> check two accounts instead of one. It's clearly doable, but it's also
> clearly less handy than the merge situation.

Is there a technical difference in the process of FFIS merging the
accounts versus the DPL assuming control of both accounts, authorizing
all the funds in the DebConf account to be transferred to the Debian
account, and then closing the DebConf account afterwards?

If there is, are there any legal implications to either option?