[Debconf-team] DebConf12 bids

DebConf12 bids, we haven't forgotten you!

While I'd personally love to visit both possible venues, we only have
one main DebConf each year, so we should start the difficult decision
over where will be the best host for DebConf12.

First, I'd encourage everyone who's not from this year's bids to read
through checklist responses, and to ask questions about them here on
the debconf-team list.  It's useful if bid teams can update their wiki
pages in response to questions, as well as answering them on the list.
 Of course, bid teams can also continue updating their checklist pages
of their own accord, to make sure they have full and accurate bid
information, including costs -- it's not too late to change details of
the bids, but details should be researched immediately for any new
proposals.

Secondly, it would be useful if the bid teams start to think about,
and discuss with each other on the list, the time-frame they would
like for the decision process.  Apart from the on-list questions, we
usually have two IRC meetings: one to give everyone an opportunity to
discuss the bids and the process, and the other a more formal meeting
which should lead to a final decision.  I expect the bid teams are
anxious to get a decision soon, but we also want the bid teams to be
happy that the details of their bids are as good as they can be before
we hold the meetings, so it's worth delaying slightly at this stage if
it makes the bids stronger.

Finally, a reminder to DebConf12 team members, or indeed those who are
already thinking about DebConf13 or 14: the best way to learn about
DebConf organisation (and therefore to improve your own chances of
organising a great DebConf) is to get involved in a previous one.  If
you haven't yet, you might want to join us for at the regular
DebConf11 meetings -- the next one is at 20 UTC on Tuesday 22
February.

--
Moray