Re: [Debconf-team] Definition of talk topic groups / sections / categories?

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 09:54:58PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the IRC meeting the following question was raised (by me):
>
> Last year we had some topics for talks:  Do we want to define those
> before registration (and will Penta support this categorisation) or
> should we just wait what gets submitted and find the sections afterwards?

Penta supports selecting both a "track" and a "event type" at the time
of submission.  You can see the DC10 fields here:
https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc10/event/new

I forget when the tracks were added... people on the talks team can
probably remember.  I seem to remember taking some submissions, then
looking through and seeing what tracks would make sense, and then
trying to get more talks for what they thought were good tracks.

I think the event types were pre-decided...

Someone else from the talks team should elaborate/correct...

- richard