Re: [Debconf-team] Official announcement of Managua BID for Debconf12

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:02 PM, micah anderson <micah@riseup.net> wrote:
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 16:34:47 -0600, Eduardo Rosales <jimbodoors94@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are proud to announce the DebConf12 bid for Managua, Nicaragua. Managua
> is the capital city of Nicaragua as well as the department and municipality
> by the same name. It is the largest city in Nicaragua in terms of population
> and geographic size. Its tropical climate, varied topography, fertile soils
> and abundant water sources, make a city of Managua with a wide variety of
> flora, which dominates much of its horizon.

Wow, this is great to hear! Personally, I believe that having Debconf in
Nicaragua would be amazing.

Thank you!

We think that we can make DebConf12 an amazing event and a great experience for all of you.

> Managua has been ranked the safest city in America, with the second lowest
> crime rate in Latin America after Uruguay.

just to clarify, that is in *Central* America. Even with that
clarification, its still impressive and worth pointing out.

Yes. Many people still have the image of Nicaragua as a volatile country with civil wars and political instability. We still have problems (as everybody else), but Nicaragua is a safe country and very friendly and open towards other cultures. I highly recommend http://vianica.com/ if you want to learn more about Nicaragua.