Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] ToDo list, final decisions, travel issues, budget and sponsors

No, I think you've misunderstood me. I will take that "ordinary" map  just so I can mark (on paper) all of the objects near by, and then I will fill in appropriate object on the OpenStreet map, I think there's nothing wrong with that. Nevertheless, I will check under which licence the map is issued. Or yes, I can use ariel imagery, maybe that's the easiest way.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Blars Blarson <blarson@scd.debian.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:49 PM, lunacy.bl@gmail.com <lunacy.bl@gmail.com>wrote:
> > I think I can help with that map issue. I'm in Banja Luka everyday so it
> > won't be difficult to me to mark all significant objects near the venue and
> > hotel. I should get a real map of the whole city from a tourist bureau or
> > something like that, and I will send it over the list.

Please do not copy from other maps to openstreetmap unless you have
permission from the copyright holder to release under openstreetmap
licence.  You can use Yahoo or Bing ariel imagery to help place
objects, so you do not have to have a GPS.

--
Blars Blarson                   blarson@scd.debian.net

How well do we use our freedom to choose the illusions we create?
                               -- Timbuk3 "Hairstyles and Attitudes"

--
Bojana Borkovic aka Lunacy