Re: [Debconf-team] Extra money we forgot we had

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 06:25:30PM -0500, micah anderson wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 22:47:27 -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debconf.org> wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I know I'm perpetually optimistic, but in this case I have physical evidence to
> > back it up. At the end of DebConf9, we had a bunch of leftover physical
> > currency in euros, which I counted and brought back to the US for DebConf10's
> > use, intending to convert it to USD once we got our local bank account set up.
> > I did tell Michael the total amount of euros in this cash surplus, but
> > according to him that sum did not get included in budget.ods's DC9 surplus
> > estimate of $70000. I just counted it again, and the grand total is:
> >
> > €3935 !!
> >
> > According to Google's current exchange rate, which is slightly but not
> > drastically better than the one we're likely to get, that's equivalent to
> > $4939. I will get this converted and deposited into our primary DC10 bank
> > account on Tuesday, which due to the Independence Day holiday weekend is the
> > next work day for banks here.
>
> I'm just curious, did this money ever get deposited? Its quite a bit of
> money to lose track of and I've been going through debconf receipts
> recently and came on this and wondered what happened to it.

Looking at SPI treasure's report, I have not seen it, but it have been
deposited anyway. Jimmy?

I recently spoke with Jimmy about this the other day, and he still has them. He is busy with school at the moment, so he isn't actively following the mailing lists. (He still is on IRC if you need him.) If you like, I can coordinate with him about getting these funds to the appropriate persons.

-Brian