Re: [Debconf-team] Official announcement of Belo Horizonte BID for DebConf12

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:36 AM, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva
<marcot@debian.org> wrote:
> There is already enough information on our wiki for placing the bid, although
> there are still a few sections that need more work. We already have a place in
> mind with an estimate of the prices and we also have gathered two support
> letters. The wiki can be reached at:
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/Bids/Brazil/BeloHorizonte

Thanks for your work, this is looking very nice.

I have a couple of questions on costs:

Are the cost estimates Brazilian real or US dollar prices?  e.g. for
the $80 per-person-per-night accommodation cost, though this sounds
quite high either way: I've put up some price comparisons across
recent DebConfs at http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/PriceComparison

Could you clarify the food costs -- is it $17 for each meal or for
both, and what is included in the $16600?  If it's $17 for two meals,
I get 17*300*7+17*100*7 = 47600, plus 5*2*7*300 = 21000 for coffee
breaks in the second week.

The $35,000 for conference facilities also sounds quite high.

--
Moray