Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsorship brochure for DebConf11 - help?

Hi,

We (local/core team) agreed earlier this evening that it would be a better idea
to lower the sponsorship packages to equal the ones of DC9.
This was because we asked around and ppl told us that the NYC sponsors team had
problems finding sponsors because the sponsor packages were to high!

Again, we ask for more discussion from the previous sponsors teams (DC10, DC9, DC8, etc.)
regarding this issue. But please bear in mind, that we need this brochure soon
(the brochure itself is finished, we just need this vital information to finish it 100%).

If somebody objects the above decision, please please PLEASE let us know ASAP!

Regards,

Velimir

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Pablo Duboue <pablo.duboue@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> wrote:
> Looking at it from a sponsor's point of view, raising the donation
> threshold would raise questions, where lowering it really won't, but
> might raise questions later if we decide we need to raise them again.
> I also think that repeat sponsors are prepared to sponsor to the same
> "level" and will just pay what that price is. So if a bronze sponsor
> from 2010 paid $2k, charging any less would leave money on the table.
> Basically I think consistency and predictability to sponsors is a good
> thing. Obviously the fact that we change currencies for the thresholds
> doesn't help, but trying our best to do so is all that really can be
> expected.
>
> Thoughts?

that is true maybe for the higher levels of the sponsorship scale.
Bronze level, they are people quite close to the project and they just
want to help make the conference happen. I personally feel asking them
to accommodate slightly higher and lower brackets depending on the
site it will be considered as a good faith move. OTOH, "leaving money
on the table" is a good argument. I just don't want to "leave
recurring sponsors". We did have problem with the NYC jacked up
brackets last year and we justified them with the higher level of
exposure to their brands due to a conference in NYC.

P.