Re: [Debconf-team] ToDo list, final decisions, travel issues, budget and sponsors

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Vedran Omeragic
<vedran@vedranomeragic.com> wrote:
> Global Team
>
> While we are very enthusiastic about all this, it's also important to know
> that most of us are new to the concept of hosting a huge conference.
> Therefore, your guidance and help is very appreciate. We made mistakes
> before, and will probably will make some more, but your patience is
> appreciated.
> Just a question regarding penta, who makes it? We or you?

Penta hacking is a task reserved for either the worse sinners that
deserve to be tormented for eons to come or wonderful souls that
suffer horribly to free us all (from penta hacking).

Being said that, in general it is more of a global team kind of thing
but if you have people willing and able at your end (penta is
Ruby-on-Rails plus maybe posgress in the backend?), I guess we won't
say no to help. Maybe we'd even say yes! yes!

I'm not into the selected team of penta hackers myself, though and
that team tends to be kept small due to a number of reasons among
which the most repeated one is: the DB holds private data of tons of
people and it is protected by European privacy laws governing the
country where the machines are located. But I might just be making
this all up as I'm not a penta hacker myself.

Hope this helps (at least to elicit some reply to your original
question from "people in the know" ;-)

Happy holidays!

P.