Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf anti-harassment policy

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 11:40:20AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:

> >   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/StandardsOfRespect#Short_version
>
> I've done s/Disrespect can include outright harassment or creating of an
> unsafe or unwelcoming environment./Disrespect can include outright harassment
> or creating of an unwelcoming environment./
>
> "Unsafe environment" is just too vague. Unsafe for whom?

I figured this out: the goal was to hint that unacceptable was not
just overt acts, but also making it a threatening environment.

A friend suggested merging two sentences, now it reads this:

"""
All attendees are expected to treat all people and facilities with
respect and help create a welcoming environment.
"""

... which I think sounds better.

- richard