Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] Sponsorship plans and prices

-=| Holger Levsen, Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 11:07:09AM +0100 |=-
> crossreplying to -team, to spread it there too.

[continuing that is appreciated]

> So how about:
>
> BENEFIT                         STEEL   BRONZE  SILVER  GOLD    PLATINUM
>
> Logo printed on attendee bag    yes     yes     yes     yes     yes
>
> Logo included in full-page
> thank you ad in Linux           yes     yes     yes     yes     yes
> Magazine worldwide
>
> Logo on web pages
> and in banner on                        yes     yes     yes     yes
> conference lobby
>
> Logo printed on t-shirts                        yes     yes     yes
>
> Logo on banner behind talk
> podiums and all video                                   yes     yes
> transmissions
>
> 45 minute slot for giving a                                     yes
> Free software-related talk
>
> CONTRIBUTION (in €)             any     >= 1k   >=5k    >=10k   >= 20k
>
> Changes are: "logo on attendee bag" moved from silver to steel, "logo on
> tshirt" moved from steel to silver and "logo on webpages" moved from steel to
> bronze.

This will overcrowd the bags with a lot of pretty small logos. This
fits with "Steel", though, e.g. with it you are one of crowd. If you
want to stand out, you have to go higher.

How many logos does that make for a ~A4 page? 20? 50? If they are too
many there may e problems printing them in readable form.

> (Which has the nice side affect that our tshirts will be less crowded with

I thought this year we'll be able to use larger logos :)

> What do you think? IMO it gives a fair deal to steel sponsors (world
> wide thank you ad is still cool and via the attendee bags they are
> also visible to every attendee), while on the other hand it gives
> good reasons to opt for higher sponsorship levels.

ACK. I like the idea.