Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsorship brochure for DebConf11 - help?

Hi,

On Freitag, 17. Dezember 2010, Brian Gupta wrote:
> Looking at it from a sponsor's point of view, raising the donation
> threshold would raise questions, where lowering it really won't, but
> might raise questions later if we decide we need to raise them again.

which will likely happen, when we get less government sponsorship next time.

> I also think that repeat sponsors are prepared to sponsor to the same
> "level" and will just pay what that price is. So if a bronze sponsor
> from 2010 paid $2k, charging any less would leave money on the table.
> Basically I think consistency and predictability to sponsors is a good
> thing.

I tend to agree with this.

I _assume_ the low(er) amounts are due to two things: a.) the government
sponsorship this year and b.) to make it "easier" for local companies to
reach higher sponsor levels.

(Assuming this is right) we _could_ probably introduce different levels for
local companies, but I'm not sure this is a good idea.

cheers,
	Holger