Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf discussion: Venue bid process

Hi!

Am 02.12.2010 23:03, schrieb Moray Allan:

> The obvious resolution would be to give an appropriate group an
> official DPL delegation for choosing the venue.  As delegates they
> should still follow the precedent of looking for consensus, but a
> delegation would add clarity over who has the power to make a final
> decision.
>
> What are others' thoughts on this?

Hmmm... We once had delegates to make a venue decision of DC7.  You
might remember it, including it's outcome ;)

If there's interest (and someone reminds me) I can try to summarize some
of the experiences I made back then being a delegate.  Not yet sure, how
useful that would be, as DC orga has changed quite a lot after that.

Best regards,
  Alexander