Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf discussion: Purpose of DebConf

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 06:47:48PM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> Thanks to all those who've responded with their views.  Below is an
> updated draft description of DebConf's goals, which I hope reflects
> the various comments made.

Thanks for coordinating this very important work, Moray.

> Please respond to say whether this draft now agrees reasonably with
> your views on the goals of DebConf.

I find it to be pretty good and complete.

Regarding the point discussed by Richard and Brian, I think that it's
pretty clear that the list of goals is not meant to be exclusive of
other DebConf purposes. The point of the list is to keep in mind what
are the *main* reasons of DebConf existence, in order to *guide* though
decisions when the need of taking them arises.

Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams