Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf discussion: Purpose of DebConf

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 06:47:48PM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> Thanks to all those who've responded with their views.  Below is an
> updated draft description of DebConf's goals, which I hope reflects
> the various comments made.

I think this sounds good.  It think it pretty well reflects what we
are working for.  Of course, it can be an evolving document.

However, people who read this shouldn't think it means this is all we
care about, and people should want to join and work on improving
whatever they want to, even if it isn't one of the things on the
list.

I concur with Richard's position, in that we definitely don't want to exclude other motivating factors, but would agree that these reasons Moray summarized and believe they would be fairly unanimously supportable by our community.

As an aside, my personal favorite part of DC10 was it's function as a technology showcase for emerging technologies, and the ability to interact directly with the developers responsible. e.g kfreebsd, and nexenta.

Thanks for pushing this forward.

-Brian

P.S. - Sorry for not speaking up sooner, I've been heads down dealing with trying to wrap up my 2009 tax return. The deadline for those folks who filed extensions is tomorrow. :(