Re: [Debconf-team] debconf10 budget: ballpark figures?

Hi,

thanks for all your budget work now, Richard!

On Montag, 30. August 2010, Richard Darst wrote:
> The important part here is that all of the remaining outstanding
> balance will come from Debian accounts, since that is where all the
> fundraised money was put in the first place - either FFIS or SPI, as
> has been convention for years.

The money which has been put to FFIS or SPI has been earmarked "DebConf",
not "Debian".

There is no (formal) obligation/agreement that Debian pays DebConf debts.

I don't say Debian shouldnt do that (should it be needed) or that the DebConf
money wasn't collected on behalf of the Debian conference, but... it's sadly
not all that clear.

cheers,
	Holger