Re: [Debconf-team] debconf10 budget: ballpark figures?

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:23:53PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 09:44:04AM -0400, Michael Schultheiss wrote:
> > The final invoices for DebConf10 have not yet been received
> > (i.e. Debian doesn't have USD 100,000 available).
>
> So, about this, do you (debconf team) have any ballparks figures about
> what the final invoices will look like? To estimate future Debian
> expenses, I would very much benefit from the following information:
>
> - invoices "range", i.e. minimum and maximum amount you expect we will
>   have to pay for outstanding invoices
>
> - date limit, i.e. when will we know the actual numbers

Our budget will be updated here as it's worked out:
  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debconf-data/dc10/budget.ods

We should enter most of the small charges soon.  I am still waiting
for CU to give the big changes, they can be notoriously slow at
getting things done (and I haven't been pushing them since it's less
frustrating that way).

However, what I have and estimate as of today show we are doing well,
some costs are less than estimated.  I am not surprised at costs being
less than expected: we had no idea how many people would not show up,
not eat meals, and so on.

As for estimates as to what is outstanding/expected total costs, I'll
see what we can do by the end of the week.

As for a timeline, the small stuff by the end of the week, the big
stuff a few weeks(?).  The big stuff I can better estimate, though.

- Richard