Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] Travel sponsorship BoF: minutes

Ana Guerrero wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 08:49:54PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > I don't think that's true.  Particularly with modern computerised
> > demand-based price-setting systems, the prices fluctuate over time.
> > Earlier does not always mean cheaper.  [...]
>
> Usually you can get an approx idea of what a good price is and watch flight
> search websites for a couple of weeks until you find a deal.  [...]

I think it's unreasonable to expect debconf attendees to guess what a
good price is, spend time watching flight search websites and gamble
on one chance of whatever number they guessed matching whatever
actually appears.  Multiple rounds would take the edge off it.

Also, we should not be assuming flights, particularly for debconf 11
which is in Europe where land travel may work for some/many.  Train
and coach tickets and car hire pricing works on different schedules.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef