Re: [Debconf-team] please review (signing up for volunteering to help with talks)

Hi Biella,

On Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2010, Gabriella Coleman wrote:
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Talk_Meister
>
> I want to send that out today in a few hours ideally. I will first send
> to Debconf announce and discuss and then send to my pool of programmers.
>
> Are there any mistakes?

Great list!

I've added some improvements:

* provide the speaker with water
* not only tell the speaker, she has 10/5/0 minutes left, but also enforce
this
* tell the speaker in advance, that they actually only have $timeslot minus 5
minutes available, so that people can breathe and change rooms after an
event.

I hope everybody is ok with the last change :)

Sadly the timeslots in penta leave no time between actuall talks, or rather we
forgot to make them like that. 15min breaks between talks probably would have
been even better, but I think it's too late to make this change. Also I know
it took the ccconference more then 20 years of experience to realize
such "long" breaks between talks are good. OTOH DebConf is considerably
smaller, thus moving between rooms will not take so much time, so hopefully
5min work well.

Also please note that those 5min of breaks are not only needed for the
videoteam (which definitly needs those little breaks badly) but also for
everybody, it's simply impossible to move from Davis to Interschool lab in 0
seconds and even 5min sometimes will be a challange.

cheers,
	Holger