Re: [Debconf-team] customs house broker for video-team gear

Hi Richard,

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:58:07AM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> The importer of the three cases from berlin just called me asking what
> our customs house broker was.  I am not sure how to answer.  This
> broker would apparently pay any import fees and then bill us for
> them.
>
> Who would know?  Who's done this into the US before?
>
> I can provide info to someone to call the importer directly.

If Gaby's advice for the t-shirt importation is also applicable to this
different kind of shipment, it is probably faster and cheaper for us to have
the shipper (UPS for the t-shirts) use their own customs broker / forwarding
agent. My guess is that stops being true if we do more than occasional
importing and set up our own relationships, but that's pure speculation.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debconf.org