Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] About BoF scheduled not on time

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:54:34 -0400, micah anderson <micah@riseup.net> wrote:

> i'm also puzzled about what is so hard about saying one word, 'no'?

So, let's say that _you're_ on the video team, having pointed a camera a
few times, and directed once or twice, and you've just come up with a
really exciting idea for a BoF at short notice, and you simply _know_
that the group of folks that are attending are going to say stupendous
and reality changing things, and that it would be an awful shame to
exclude the 1/3rd of your project that are not at DebConf from
witnessing the event.

Do you decide to say "yes" to yourself, or not?

(Even if you are made of sterner stuff than most of the rest of us, do
you trust an idiot like me to say "no"?  ;-)  )

If the person in question does decide "Yes" they will either drag in the
nearest other v-t (who end up always being the same few) away from the
coffee they've not been getting anywhere near all day, or they'll set it
up so that it's single, static camera, with no direction -- either way,
not good.

Cheers, Phil.