Re: [Debconf-team] [Jon 'maddog' Hall] Trip to NYC

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 08:38:08PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you can see from the forwarded mail, maddog is up for giving a couple
> of talks.  Since this mail, he's grabbed flight reservations to avoid
> the prices rising further, so I think he's decided he's coming.
>
> So, he needs somewhere to stay for the nights of the 31st and the 1st.

Room assignments have been given to CU housing early this week.  We
will have to see if this is possible.

> I'd suggest that we accommodate him for free if at all possible.  He's
> probably stretching his finances with the flights as it is.  As you can
> see from his first comment, he's allowing his heart to rule his head.

It would be good to get a team opinion/consensus here before the
registration team acts either way on this.

If we are open to allowing this, and have the ability to do so, I would support this.

- Richard