Re: [Debconf-team] WRL (debit card) phone chat

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 04:19:31PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:

> The $500 is more appropriately not included in the cost evaluation; it's a one
> time fee that SPI would be paying from general funds (NOT Debian and also NOT
> DebConf10), and it will enable SPI to offer this kind of debit card service to
> any SPI associated project that needs it in the future, whether DebConf or a
> mini-DebConf or some PostgreSQL or Madwifi/OpenWrt conference, etc. The $500
> would not need to be repeated for future orders.

I'm sure that SPI would pick this up, since you and Michael are
heavily involved in SPI.

However, I am not sure that we should ask SPI to pick this up.
It sounds more like it's mostly our idea which we are claiming they
can use, without a visible need beforehand.  I've found that getting
stuff without a need seen often leads to unused stuff... and I'm
worried that once you and Michael become less active, this could be
forgotten.

- Richard