Re: [Debconf-team] Talk scheduling and eating/venue hours

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg@fifthhorseman.net> wrote:

> concerns.  I'll call this rescheduling X:
>
>  * move pre-lunch events 30 minutes earlier, move post-lunch events 1
> hour earlier.  This would mean every scheduled event would end by 18:30.
>  however, that's not much time for attendees of that last event to get
> to the dining hall and eat.  But that should be OK as long as we're
> allowed to stay after closing time (that is, if closing time only
> matters for *arrival* and not for eating)

How about, rescheduling M:

* move pre-lunch events 30 minutes earlier and add 1 slot (start at
9:30, end at 12:30), move post-luch events 1 hour earlier (start at
14:00) and DO NOT have the half hour break from 16 to 16:30 (end at
18:00).   This means 7 slots instead of the current 6 (3 in the
morning 4 in the afternoon).

I have no idea what exactly that break was for, but taking into
account the closing hours, the dinner hours and everything, I think it
could be better to just do without it.  I might be wrong and there
might be a very strong reason for it.  I just wanted to throw in a
possibility.

--
Besos,
Marga