Re: [Debconf-team] WRL (debit card) phone chat

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 01:58:23 -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debconf.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 06:36:31AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> > Given that that's what "Sponsored Food" means, and there seems to be no
> > down-side as far as "you won't be able to eat with the crowd" or "you
> > won't get the negotiated discount", I've just opted out of sponsored
> > food.
>
> Important correction: this is just for weekends and the daytrip day, not for
> group meals on non-daytrip weekdays, which are still being held in a single
> place like usual. However, you can pay at the door in cash for that place (a
> university cafeteria which offers food on an all-you-can-eat basis), so you
> won't be left out those times either.

Oh ... OK -- so maybe I cannot afford to do this...  ;-)

So, how much do I need to budget for the weekdays?

I still think you should encourage people to opt out of the credit card,
and if they can afford it, opt out entirely.

Given the numbers some people might take one or both options.

Cheers, Phil.