Re: [Debconf-team] Changing talks schedule?

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 03:48:25PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:23:50 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>
> > On Mittwoch, 7. Juli 2010, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> > > If I understand correctly, the idea is to start talks at 9:30 and reduce
> > > lunch from 2 hours to 1.5 hours.
> > is the eating area and the kitchen big enough to cater us all in 1.5h?
> > how much money does that safe? is it really worth it?
>
> [Attendee's voice from the back of the audience, feel free to
> disregard completely.]
>
> I was following the "unmeeting" on Monday, and when this idea came up
> I had a slight "WTF?!" moment.
>
> Even almost two days later, I still consider the idea to deprive all
> participants of half an hour of sleep and half on hour of recreation
> time over lunch in exchange for USD 275 not a good deal; that saves
> roughly 0.1% of the whole budget or USD 0.75 per participant [0] at
> the cost of an -- in my opinion -- significant cut into "quality of
> life".
>
> I was close to transferring EUR 219 to ffis during Monday's meeting,
> earmarked with "DebConf10 - SOS (Save Our Sleep)" :)
>
> Again, please feel free to just ignore my thoughts. -- And thanks for
> your hard work on making this yet another great DebConf!

Thanks for the email gregor!
Talking as atendee to the meeting and bearing my part to blame on all the
chaos. I was bringing all the possible ideas to the save money I had gathered
from IRC chatting. I had (obviously) my personal opinion of where was better
saving money and this one did not seemed promising. Everything was supposed
to be discussed and agreed in the meeting, which sadly, did not work very well
:(
While talking about save in this chapter, security in the talks room, everybody
_seemed_ to agree on this, althought it was like a shocker when we found about
the amount of money saved... so it was kind of: we seemed to agree on
something let's move on.

Ana