Re: [Debconf-team] day trip options

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 10:50:25AM -0400, micah anderson wrote:
> > also i dont get, why neither zacks mail was discussed on the list nor in the
> > meeting. instead now the idea is to ask for 6.5k instead of the offered 20k.
> > why? WHY?
>
> Now I feel like you are yelling, why?
>
> There are perfectly reasonable explanations for what you are
> asking. When I arrived at Columbia for the local team meeting that
> happened 1hr before the global team meeting, I was not aware of Zack's
> email, nor was 90% of the other people who also arrived for that
> meeting. That email was sent very close to the meeting, and most of us
> were traveling to the meeting location and did not read it until we
> had arrived.

I apologize for that. As my only excuse, I was invited to attend the
meeting only a few days earlier; I was on VAC back then and until Monday
morning. I did my best on Monday to find the time to write that email
ASAP; my best has been to send that email 4h before the meeting.

I should have probably pointed to it at the start of the meeting, but
please understand that it was my first meeting and I felt a bit "shy",
ans I was also not willing to intrude/interfere too much in your
"customs". Again, I'm sorry for the bad timing.

> H0lger, I think you are right in identifying that the meeting was
> unruly, hopefully you pointing this out will help in the upcoming
> meetings. I think everyone is working hard to make this happen and we
> are all feeling the time pressure, but we need to make sure that we
> aren't cutting process and listening to people because we have little
> time left!

Let me reiterate that you all have all my sympathies for your work on
DebConf10. It is just normal that you feel the pressure and that
"flames" might sparkle at times.
I can just say "thank you, we/you re almost there".

Cheers.