Re: [Debconf-team] day trip options

Blars Blarson wrote:
> Not wanting to make todays irc meeting longer/more confusing, I didn't
> speak up.
>
> I think an option of sponsoring the subway tickets (for sponsored
> people) but not the baseball game should at least be considered.
>

> Separatly, I think 200 is to big a number to expect to want to attend
> the baseball game.  Could we use the existing deposit (possibly with
> some more money) to get fewer tickets?  Should we ask people who
> marked the day trip if they want to attend baseball, and if they are
> willing to pay $10-$15 (what our per-ticket cost is) to do so?

Our current ticket cost is $10/ticket.  We put a 50% deposit on 200
tickets.  According to http://www.brooklyncyclones.com/tickets/group/
the deposit is non-refundable.  Payment needs to be made 3 weeks prior
to the game the group is attending (iirc the tickets are for August 4
thus payment is due by July 14).

We could probably reduce the number of tickets (to as low as 100).