Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10.

On 18/03/2010 09:12, José Miguel Parrella Romero wrote:
> Carlos Zavala escribió:
>> Hello, My name is Carlos Zavala. I am studying Computer at LUZ (La
>> Universidad del Zulia), I am from Venezuela. I am interesting to go to
>> DebConf10. But I do not have the visa to get New York. What should I do?
>> And Could you help me? I hope your answer as soon as possible.  Thank you.
>
> Carlos,
>
> Be advised that if you don't have a visa appointment with the US Embassy
> in Caracas, current wait times for a visa appointment now exceed 300
> calendar days¹ If you're interested in attending, you should request a
> visa appointment *now* and inmediately request an appointment using the
> form in the Embassy webpage:
>
>   http://caracas.usembassy.gov/?d=5541&lang=sp
>
> You'll probably need to attach the invitation letter of the DC Team to
> your form and bring a copy to your appointment. I wish you best in your
> visa request process.

I tried this by myself without any success. Anyways, Carlos can try it out to
see if he can get a new date for his appointment. However, I was able to
reschedule my appointment date by calling to the US embassy, directly. What I
suggest you to do is to make an appointment ASAP. After getting the date, which
might be assigned for more than 300 calendar days, you should call again using
the same ping to see if it is possible to change the date. That's what I did,
and I was able to reschedule my appointment from September to July (two months).

I wish you luck.

Regards,
--
Muammar El Khatib.